Se habla español.
Victor Del Pino concentrates his practice in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Immigration Law. He is a highly skilled litigator, and works one-on-one with clients to ensure their case receives the time, attention and focus it deserves. A former prosecutor, he has extensive trial experience. He joined the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s office in 2004. During his tenure, Mr. Del Pino was appointed by the State’s Attorney as the Chief and head prosecutor of the Gang Prosecution Unit. He became the first Latino to be appointed to such a position in the history of the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s office.
Mr. Del Pino was part of the Gang Prosecution Unit for more than three years, during which he prosecuted numerous complex cases. He participated in trials in the District Court as a member of the District Court and Domestic Violence Units as well as at the Juvenile Court level. Mr. Del Pino has also had extensive jury trial experience in the Circuit Court, which included several highly-publicized trials. He successfully prosecuted and received convictions for cases that included first degree murder, attempted murder, assault, robbery, burglary and other felonies.
In 2012, Mr. Del Pino was elected by members of the Montgomery County Bar Association to serve a two-year term in the Executive Committee. Also in 2012, Mr. Del Pino was appointed by Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley to serve a 4-year term on the Board of Trustees of the Maryland Public Defenders Office. He is admitted to practice in the state of Maryland.
Mr. Del Pino is fluent in Spanish and is an active member of a number of community groups and organizations. A lifelong resident of Montgomery County, he serves on the Board of Directors of Our Lady of Good Counsel High School.
Mr. Del Pino received his Juris Doctor degree from The University of Baltimore School of Law. He graduated with honors from Virginia Wesleyan College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Member of Montgomery County Latino Advocacy Coalition (MCLAC)
- Steering Commitee of the Latino Health Initiative
- Maryland Hispanic Bar Association
- National Council of La Raza
Honors and Awards
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Lawyer, 2013-2014
- Elected to Executive Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association, 2012-2014
- Appointed by Governor Martin O’Malley as Member, Board of Trustees, Maryland Public Defender’s Office, 2012 – present
- Appointed by the Maryland Court of Appeals to Character Committee
- Elected to the Board of Directors for the Maryland Hispanic Bar Association 2015-2016