Convictions for traffic offenses can cost you thousands of dollars in fees, increase your insurance premiums, and can result in incarceration. You also may be subject to serious collateral consequences with the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), including an assessment of points on your license, driving restrictions, mandated driver education programs and suspension or revocation of your driver’s license.
As former prosecutors, we have extensive experience in litigating traffic offenses that include:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and Driving While Impaired (DWI)
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Driving without a license
- Fleeing and eluding
- Driving without insurance
- Reckless and negligent driving
- Hit and Run offenses (failing to remain at the scene of an accident, failing to remain at the scene of an accident with bodily injury, and failing to remain at the scene of an accident with property damage)
A conviction for a traffic offense may have a substantial impact on your driving privilege and ultimately your quality of life, especially if your livelihood depends on your ability to drive. An experienced attorney can identify any available legal or constitutional defense and educate you regarding all of the potential consequences – both directly from the Court and collaterally from the MVA.
At McGann, Del Pino and Hughes we work with you to mitigate the negative consequences and obtain the best result possible.
Start working with a law firm that has a history of trusted client relationships.
For an immediate consultation call 301.652.7595 to speak with your dedicated traffic offense attorney.